Positions are part time, on-call with most work being evenings and weekends. Events are performed at private homes, public venues and some unusual locations throughout Southern California
All interested applicants need to be:
- In Good Health
- Physically Fit – Able to stand and work on your feet for extended hours
- Lift 45 Lbs. waist high
- You must have reliable transportation as events are located throughout Southern California.
- Need to supply and wear specific uniform
- Have a valid California Food Handler Card
- A California driver’s license or other government issued photo identification
- You need to be Team Player, follow directions, like making people happy and flexible as the work can be demanding and fast paced at times.
- Most important is to have an above average attitude
There are several positions on the event staff as listed below:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must.
- We are always looking for experienced capable staff, although inexperienced staff with a can-do attitude are also considered.
- You’ll help set and serve food and drinks, clear tables at events, strike and pack events.
- This work will be performed in service styles of buffet, food stations or plated events.
- Minimum 21 years of age. Great Customer Service skills.
- Need at least two years of bartending experience, or one year in a fast paced environment such as catering or a club.
- Must be able to set up, maintain, and strike a free-standing bar; accommodate large guest counts with a variety of cocktail orders.
- Be willing to perform food service as a back-up.
- You need some personal bartending tools and you must have Valid California Tips Certification.
Event Captains- Leads
- Event Captains and leads are responsible for all on-site management and execution of events. Which means all pre-event set up, the actual event and post-event breakdown.
- Have a thorough understanding of four-star level service events.
- You need 2+ years of experience as an Event Captain-Lead in off-premise catering. This includes detail oriented formal Sit Down (plated), Buffets and Station style menus and service.
- Lead and coach groups of servers and bartenders in an organized and professional manner.
- Must have a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Exemplify a positive attitude and a professional coaching style.
- Must have a have a passion for food preparation, presentation and taste with a minimum of two years experience, or you are currently enrolled in a culinary arts program.
- You will need your knife bag and possess excellent knife skills, plus a fine-tuned attention to detail. You must be able to follow direction and work independently while at other times be a serious team player.
- If you have four or more years of experience in fine dining and banquets, and or off-premise catering then we are interested in speaking with you.
- This position requires pride in what you do and a desire for perfection with an ability to lead and manage kitchen cooks and staff, while paying very close attention to details of food presentation. You must be able to work closely with the FOH during events.
- You must have a comprehensive knowledge of cooking methods and essentials.
What is the next step?
If you are interested in working for one of the most respected and inventive catering companies in Southern Californian, then we ought to talk soon.